Top 10 Female Surfers Swimsuit Fashion

The world’s top women wave riders know a thing or two about strength, spirit, and how to look amazing in a bathing suit. It’s not about age or size, it’s about attitude





The women of the Roxy Professional Surf team (from left to right): Megan Abubo, 28; Kassia Meador, 23; Chelsea Georgeson, 22; Sofia Mulanovich, 22; Lisa Andersen, 37; Meleana White, 21; Katie Wright, 25; Crystal Dzigas, 23.






"When I started surfing there weren’t many women in the water. It’s amazing to see that tons of girls are getting out there and going for it." --Lisa Andersen (center)






"Self-motivation is important, but being part of a team adds constant inspiration -- someone’s always rooting for you to win." --Katie Wright (top)






"I like to laugh. A lot. Life is too short to take everything seriously!" --Crystal Dzigas






Megan, Chelsea, Sofia




They may come from different countries -- (from left) Megan’s American, Chelsea’s Australian, Sofia’s Peruvian -- but they’ve bonded as surf sisters. They agree that getting paid to surf is a gift, but it isn’t easy. Traveling at least 20 weeks a year, plus constant training, adds up to major stress. "We take inspiration from each other," says Chelsea. They’ve also learned valuable life lessons. "You have to learn to go with the flow -- everything changes, just like the waves we ride," says Megan.






Lisa Andersen




She’s a winner! This four-time world champion has a surf style that’s strong and aggressive, yet she always strives to look graceful and feminine. She’s most proud of son Mason, 4, and daughter Erica, 13. "They keep me very busy!" Balanced: In more ways than one! "I do yoga and Pilates to help strengthen and condition my body, but I’m happy as long as I’m outdoors. As a Pisces, I have a natural connection with the ocean. Surfing energizes me physically and emotionally -- it’s better than therapy!" Body Politics: "Every woman goes through phases where she critiques her body. I fight those moments by focusing on the strength it has to offer. Sure, sometimes I might think my shoulders are too broad, but they’re what propel me in the water!" Food for Thought: Lisa loves eating healthy fresh fruits and veggies and sushi, sushi, and more sushi. "To get me going before a surf, I snack on whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a drizzle of honey." Beach Beauty: To combat moisture-robbing sun and salt water, Lisa uses La Mer on her face, Kerastase products on her hair, and cocoa butter all over. "I love Shiseido tinted sunscreen -- I reapply it every two to three hours."






Kassia Meador



The Surf Spirit: "After a hard day, I paddle out and my worries just drift away. The sport has given me self-confidence and also taught me patience and persistence." Total Strength: Her trainer has her do endurance work, core strengthening, and balance moves. Plus, Kassia takes yoga classes to stay limber. "Between training and yoga I feel stronger and more confident when I hit the water -- I feel like I can do anything!" Rear View: "I’ve always had a bit of a complex about my butt, but gaining strength in the water has helped my body confidence. Still, if I’m having a shy day, I’ll throw on a pair of board shorts to cover up!" Sunscreen Trifecta: "I don’t go anywhere without sunscreen. First I apply Shiseido clear SPF 50, then I swipe on their SPF 35 stick to touch up. On my body I use Coppertone’s SPF 30 Sport Spray. It soaks right in and never feels slippery."






"It’s okay to skip a day or two of training -- it’s important not to overdo it!"






"There’s nothing like surfing to get your arms, abs, and legs in amazing shape at once!"

Comments