Best new star bikini bodies

From Denise Richards’ toned arms to Jennifer Garner’s washboard tum, the stars have made us drool with envy at their recent snaps.


Enjoying winter breaks (or simply the Californian weather!), celebs from the age of 21 to 48 have showed you can look fab in a bikini at any age or time of year with some clever diet rules ... and a whole lot of hard work.


So how do these famous bathing beauties stay in stape?


I looked at their diet and exercise regimes to find out.



Stunning ... Denise Richards


1. Denise Richards


Age: 39


How she does it: Gorgeous Denise is a fan of the South Beach Diet - a three-stage elimination plan that replaces ’bad fats’ and ’bad carbs’ with ’good fats’ and ’good carbs’.


The actress and model also does core-strengthening workouts with her personal trainer four to six times a week. Her exercise routine includes resistance training, Pilates, kickboxing, yoga and aerobics.



Bikini babe ... Fearne Cotton

2. Fearne Cotton


Age: 29


How she does it: In 2009, Fearne made a documentary about the dangers of celebrities influencing young girls on dieting. She is a vegetarian but loves chocolate.


She says: "I eat loads of vegetarian and healthy stuff, but I do love chocolate. I have to have it all the time. I also like baking and my social life revolves around eating out, and I love gin more than anything - but apart from that I think I’m really healthy."


As a trained dancer she is keen to stay in shape by running and going to the gym regularly. Plus her charity projects for Comic Relief and Sport Relief - climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats - have kept the DJ trim.


Fearne’s most recent charity expedition saw her trek along Peru’s Inca Trail to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.



Works out five times a week ... Jennifer Garner

3. Jennifer Garner


Age: 38


How she does it: Mum-of-two Jennifer is one hardworking celebrity. She works out with trainer Valerie Walters five times a week, alternating between circuit training, treadmill work and core-strengthening Pilates.


She says: "I get motivated by saying, ’Okay, I’ve done three at the beginning of the week, I’m just going to get these in so I can take the weekend off.’"


As for diet, Jen has a 1600 calorie-a-day plan, eating 5-6 times per day so the emphasis is on eating little and often. She never denies herself favourite foods but admits to being careful with portion sizes: "It took me years to learn to just have a couple of bites. Once I started I would gobble it all up. Now I can open a tub of ice cream and just have a bite."



Used Slimming World ... Zoe Ball

4. Zoe Ball


Age: 40


How she does it: Zoe gave up alcohol in January 2009, and has also given up smoking. Weighing 15st 7lbs at her heaviest, the star has credited Slimming World for her recent weight loss.


She said last summer: "I’ve just started Slimming World. If I can be in size 12 at my 40th in November I’d feel really good."


In an interview with Closer magazine in March 2010, Zoe revealed: "Norman promised me a bunk-up every time I lost a stone of baby weight. I got on the scales last week and thought: ’Ooh it’s treat time!’"



Fantastic figure ... Demi Moore

5. Demi Moore


Age: 48


How she does it: Demi has tried various health regimes to keep her fabulous age-defying figure.


First there was the David Kirsch Diet’s ’ABCDEF’ regime, meaning no alcohol, bread, starchy carbs, dairy, extra sweets, fruits, and most fats . The workout involves a lot of cardio, lunges, squats and resistance exercise using light weights.


Moore has been known to do a ’Master Cleanse’, getting rid of all the toxins and poisons in her body and she’s also a fan of the raw food diet, meaning no processed foods and nothing cooked at above 118 degrees.


She is very keen on Pilates and yoga and does a huge amount of cardio exercise plus lunges, squats and resistance training using light weights.


She’s also reputed to have said on American talk show Live with Regis & Kelly that she keeps in shape with "lots of sex" with hubby Ashton.



Model-turned-actress ... Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Big

6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley


Age: 23


How she does it: "I go to the gym, do a lot of cardio and keep strong, which is really important to me." The new Transformers 3 star had to get in shape for her film role and allegedly worked with two trainers before filming began last summer.


On the question of diet, the 5ft 9in boxing beauty says: "I’m a huge eater - it can be anything from a roast dinner cooked by my mum, pizza or burgers. I love burgers and chips." We will be trying out the Burger and Chips Diet from now on, Rosie.



Uses vinegar to help her bikini body ... Fergie

7. Fergie


Age: 35


How she does it: Super-toned Fergie revealed in 2008 that she took shots of vinegar. "I do vinegar shots. It has to be organic apple cider, unfiltered. Two tablespoons. For some reason I’ve noticed a difference on my stomach."


Her trainer Natasha Kufa reportedly passed on the tip, claiming the vinegar flushes out fat in the colon, helps the body digest food and cuts out cravings.


The Black Eyed Peas singer works out for an hour five times a week and will run at least three miles on the beach with her trainer.


Her favourite indulgence after all that exercise? "Pizza dipped in ranch or blue-cheese dressing."



Good genes ... Eliza Doolittle

8. Eliza Doolittle


Age: 21


How she does it: Well, she’s 21 and admits "I love exercise". That and the Skinny Genes, eh.

Comments