Vanessa Hudgens caught in romantic clinch with her new co-star Josh Hutcherson

Vanessa Hudgens has been playing it extremely coy about the nature of her relationship with co-star Josh Hutcherson - until now.

The 22-year-old High School Musical actress seemed to let down her guard while on a day out with Hutcherson, 18, who stars along side her in the upcoming film, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.

They enjoyed what looked for all the world like a romantic date at an LA bowling alley yesterday.





Vanessa Hudgens and Josh Hutcherson enjoyed a date at the Pinz bowling alley in LA





The actress, Vanessa Hudgens, held onto Josh Hutcherson’s hand as he wrapped his arm around her in an affectionate display



As they knocked back beers at the Studio City Pinz complex, Hutcherson put his arm around the brunette.

It rested comfortably across the star’s chest and in the most telling sign of all, Hutcherson’s hand was tightly intertwined with that of Hudgens.

The pair have been virtually inseparable of late, attending Lakers games together and partying side-by-side at the Coachella music festival earlier this month.





The twosome, Vanessa Hudgens and Josh Hutcherson, have enjoyed plenty of quality time together lately





Vanessa Hudgens has her turn



Vanessa’s reticence to admit to the burgeoning love affair may have something to do with her split from long-term love Zac Efron last December.

She met Hutcherson on the set of her new movie, a follow up to the remake of Journey to the Centre of the Earth, and is no doubt keen to make it clear that there was no crossover period.

Hudgens and Efron, 23, dated for five years after meeting on the set of the first High School musical film.

It proved to be an surprisingly tenacious relationship for Hollywood, especially considering the tender years of the protagonists.




Split: Happy Josh Hutcherson parties at Coachella (left) after splitting from Efron (right)



So it’s perhaps not surprising that the beauty told Fabulous Magazine a definitive ’no’ when she was asked if she was looking for a relationship.

She continued: ’I’m really happy embracing this moment. Right now I feel so happy and I have so much going on, I don’t necessarily need a guy. Whether I’m single or not, this is an amazing time in my life. I’m a young woman and I’m exploring who I am.’

The child star also told the magazine that she’s embracing the tougher side of her personality.

She explained: ’I’ve definitely got a wicked side. I have what I call ‘sailor mouth’. I can get very gangster at times. I used to be very timid. Now I’m my own person. I don’t feel pressure to look a certain way. My weight fluctuates, like any normal girl. If anyone told me to lose weight, I’d say f**k you and walk away.’

Comments