Ashley Smith makes a splash in Cannes in a stylish swimsuit

Rising model Ashley Smith found a way to get noticed amid the galaxy of stars holidaying in Cannes this week.

The 20-year-old, who was recently named the face of designer Alexander Wang’s T collection, put her figure on show in a black one piece.

Her Norma Kamali swimsuit is a favourite among curvy women - Modern Family’s Sofia Vergara wore a blue version for her recent Pepsi advertisement.

American actress Rosario Dawson, 32, also joined the model and friends on the high seas.



Bathing beauty, American model Ashley Smith enjoyed sunshine break in Cannes





Bathing beauty, Ashley Smith put her model figure on show as she enjoyed a visit to Cannes



Smith was first discovered as a young teen at the the SXSW music festival in Austin, Texas.

She has appeared in editorial campaigns for Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and has also starred in runway shows for Jen Kao and Prada.

The 5ft 8in gapped teeth, she has a similar look to British models Lara Stone and Georgia Jagger.





Ahoy there! The model, Ashley Smith is holidaying in the South of France to coincide with the film festival





Cover girl, Ashley Smith posed for Germany’s Tush magazine



She recently said she is flattered by comparisons to Stone, who is married to comedian David Walliams.

’I think she has cleared an amazing path for me!’ Smith says. ’But I am my own person and have many different things to bring to this industry.’

She also in a interview with Fashionista.com last year that she had considered getting braces before her modelling career.

She said: ’Yeah I thought about it a lot when I was little, I even went to the dentist to get it fixed, but I’ve never actually had all the money in one place to be able to do it. Now it makes me money!’

She also says her buxom figure - she is a 32D - is both a blessing and a curse.

’I believe it’s a deciding factor for a lot of jobs, because it effects the clothes so much.

’But it’s part of me! So one day they will just adjust all the clothes to my bust, rather than me having to adjust my breasts for their clothes.’

Smith also has aspirations beyond modelling.

’I’ve always wanted to be a Broadway actress,’ she has said. ’You know Little Shop of Horrors? I’m gonna play Audrey one day! Just you wait.’





Cooling off, Actress Rosario Dawson (left) joined the model and friends on board





Setting sail, The group are holidaying aboard a luxury boat

Comments